- You have unexplained weight gain or difficulty losing weight.
- You experience mood swings, irritability, or anxiety.
- You have little to no sex drive.
- You have trouble sleeping or wake up frequently throughout the night.
- You experience irregular periods, PMS symptoms (including acne), or other menstrual issues.
- You feel inflamed or “puffy” especially during certain points in your cycle.
Or maybe you’ve just been feeling *OFF* lately and you can’t really put your finger on WHY?!?!
Hormones are a good place to start! BUT…let’s not guess! While symptoms can give us a lot of good information, the best approach is to run labs.
Running labs WILL save you time and money in the long run, I promise!
For example…you may have signs of low progesterone but when we get your lab results back, we see elevated cortisol. If that’s the case we can assume the issue with progesterone is starting upstream, with cortisol. We correct cortisol and progesterone will follow! (Rather than moving right into progesterone treatment which…ultimately won’t correct unless cortisol is balanced!)
Above are just a few of the signs your hormones may be imbalanced. A functional medicine hormone lab can help identify the underlying causes of these symptoms, allowing us to create a personalized treatment plan that addresses those root cause.
PS - I have another Blog Post all about the different kinds of hormone testing (blood, saliva and urine) if you’re interested!
I’d love to work with you to get those hormones back in balance! Check out my full hormone lab and coaching option below!